Distance and Distributed Learning Committee Website
The Los Angeles Trade Technical College Distance Learning Committee (DL) is an AFT committee created by Article 40 of the AFT contract.
Distance Learning (DL) Committee Charge:
- Communicate and advise the college on its decision making regarding distance learning (DL) issues including DL technologies to deliver instruction and to support regular and substantive interaction between students and instructors.
- Determine proficiency in a CMS (Course Management System).
- Serve as a resource to the college through its corresponding committees on distance learning issues.
Reports to: Education Policies Committee
The majority of the voting members shall be faculty. The Chair of the Committee shall be a Distance Learning (DL) approved faculty member. If the DL Coordinator is a faculty member he/she shall serve as the DL Committee Chair. Otherwise, the Committee will elect a DL faculty committee member to serve as chair.
Membership: Three Academic Senate, Three AFT Faculty, VP AA/WED or designee, IT Manager (non-voting), Distance Learning Coordinator
|Senate Faculty (DL approved)||Anna Bakman / Tayebeh Meftagh|
|Senate Faculty (DL approved)||Leslee Koritzke|
|Senate Faculty (DL approved)||Lisa Moreno|
|AFT (DL approved)||Bethany Bird|
|AFT (DL approved)||William Elarton|
|AFT (DL approved)||Angela Gee|
|VP Academic Affairs or Designee||Joseph Guerrieri|
|Information Technology Manager or Designee (non-voting)||Sang Baik|
|Distance Education Coordinator||Linda Delzeit|
Alternates: Not allowed. Faculty are encouraged to attend as this is an open meeting but only appointed committee members can vote on items.
Quorum: Majority of voting members.
Note: The composition of this committee aligns with Article 40 of AFT Agreement.
Agreed on January 23, 2013 (Date of discussion at DL Committee)
- Approved Distance Education Instructor List (as of Feb. 2016)
Non-Certificated Employees with Moodle Expertise
- List of Non-Certificated Employees who demonstrated Moodle Expertise
The DL Committee meets on the 3rd Wednesday of each month 3:00-4:30pm.
Online Program SLO
As a result of participating in the online program, the students will be able to analyze and process information online using various online technological tools and management skills to complete their educational goals.