Student Success Committee Website
Student Success Committee’s Charge
The Los Angeles Trade-Technical College Student Success Committee is charged with identifying best processes and recommending policies that enhance students’ ability to be successful. This includes outreach, recruitment and comprehensive assessment leading to enrollment, retention, persistence and completion.
1st Thursday of every month at 1:15 pm – 3:-00 pm in MA-003
2014-15 Committee Goals
- Complete the plan and monitor progress of SSSP and Student Equity Plans
- Develop an evaluation tool to monitor and support the implementation of PACTS Tier 1 and 2 with an emphasis on Academic Readiness (Math and English)
- Monitor the progress of using embedded counselors to improve student success in the pathways.
Achieving the Dream Initiative
The Student Success Committee is also serving as the “Core Team” for the Achieving the Dream (ATD) Initiative currently underway at the college. More specifically, the core team (Student Success Committee) of the ATD Initiative:
- develops a vision and oversees and integrates the Achieving the Dream work;
- develops and manages a process for college-wide dialogue about Achieving the Dream data findings, goals, and strategies; and
- works with and through the college shared governance committees, departments and divisions to adopt priorities for improving student success, especially among groups that currently experience low rates of success.
Miscellaneous Activities and Resources
- Learning, Teaching, and College Completion AACC
- Pathways for Academic and Career and Transfers Success (PACTS) Academic and Career Readiness@LATTC (Tier 2)
- Achieving the Dream Initiative
- 3CSN Flyer January 2011
- SSI Taskforce for Creating Pathways to Student Success and Completion June 16, 2010
- Student Success Workshop Flyer May 12, 2010
- Links to LACCD Student Success Initiative: 1. Steering Committee Website, 2. Student Success Blog
- Link to 3CSN, California’s Basic Skills Initiative Professional Development Network
- Link to FTLA, LACCD’s Faculty Teaching and Learning Academy
- Link to Achieving the Dream