Welcome to the Student Success Committee Website
Student Success Committee’s Charge
The Los Angeles Trade Technical College’s Student Success Committee is charge with identifying and establishing policies that remove ALL barriers that impede students from receiving the instruction and support needed to be academically successful. This would include, but is not limited to recruitment, placement, retention, persistence and completion.
3rd Thursday of every month at 1:15 pm – 3:-00 pm in TE-501
2012-13 Committee Goals
- Monitor and support ATD 2012-2013 Implementation Plan activities (refer to the ATD Implementation Plan).
- Monitor and support PACTS model development activities such as the identification and selection of student competencies.
- Implement activities assigned to the Student Success Committee in the Educational Master Plan for the 2012-2013 academic year as follows:
- Develop a performance measurement tool to assess the success of the LATTC PACTS.
- To participate in and support the LACCD Student Success Initiative Steering Committee (SSISC) projects (added 9/2012).
Achieving the Dream Initiative
The Student Success Committee is also serving as the “Core Team” for the Achieving the Dream (ATD) Initiative currently underway at the college. More specifically, the core team (Student Success Committee) of the ATD Initiative:
- develops a vision and oversees and integrates the Achieving the Dream work;
- develops and manages a process for college-wide dialogue about Achieving the Dream data findings, goals, and strategies; and
- works with and through the college shared governance committees, departments and divisions to adopt priorities for improving student success, especially among groups that currently experience low rates of success.
Miscellaneous Activities and Resources
- Pathways for Academic and Career and Transfers Success (PACTS) Academic and Career Readiness@LATTC (Tier 2)
- Achieving the Dream Initiative
- 3CSN Flyer January 2011
- SSI Taskforce for Creating Pathways to Student Success and Completion June 16, 2010
- Student Success Workshop Flyer May 12, 2010
- Links to LACCD Student Success Initiative: 1. Steering Committee Website, 2. Student Success Blog
- Link to 3CSN, California’s Basic Skills Initiative Professional Development Network
- Link to FTLA, LACCD’s Faculty Teaching and Learning Academy
- Link to Achieving the Dream